NCEES recognizes long-standing service
September 20, 2013
NCEES recently honored several individuals for their dedicated service to the organization and the engineering and surveying professions. The 2013 NCEES award winners are
- Bill Dickerson, P.E., of Oklahoma, and Monte Phillips, Ph.D., P.E., of North Dakota, who received the Distinguished Service Award with Special Commendation
- Howard Gibbs, P.E., of the District of Columbia, Miller Love Jr., P.E., of South Carolina, and Gary Thompson, P.L.S., of North Carolina, who received the Distinguished Service Award
- Lance Kinney, P.E., executive director of the Texas engineering board, and George Twiss, P.L.S., executive director of the Washington board, who received the Meritorious Service Award
- Sam Sullivan, Ph.D., P.E., of Louisiana, who received the Distinguished Examination Service Award, and Ernest Gardow, Ph.D., P.E., of Connecticut, who was posthumously honored with the Distinguished Examination Service Award
- David Gibson, Ph.D., P.S., of Florida, who received the President’s Award
The winners were honored at the NCEES annual meeting, held August 21–24, 2013, in San Antonio, Texas.
Read more about the 2013 winners (PDF downloads):
Bill Dickerson, P.E.
Monte Phillips, Ph.D., P.E.
Howard Gibbs, P.E.
Miller Love Jr., P.E.
Gary Thompson, P.L.S.
Lance Kinney, P.E.
George Twiss, P.L.S.
Ernest Gardow, Ph.D., P.E.
Sam Sullivan, Ph.D., P.E.
David Gibson, Ph.D., P.S.