Exam preparation materials
Why not study with NCEES? You’ll have the advantage of using exam preparation materials developed by the same people who create the exam.
NCEES practice exams help you determine what you know—and what you don’t know—before taking the exam. NCEES practice exams
- Contain questions from past exams
- Simulate the format, style, and level of difficulty
- Provide solutions or feedback on performance in each topic area
Reviewing the appropriate supplied-reference handbook before exam day helps you become familiar with the charts formulas, tables, and other reference information provided.
Use the button below to explore NCEES exam prep materials by exam type and discipline. Free PDF downloads and exam prep purchases are made via your MyNCEES account.
Alternative item types
CBT exams include traditional multiple-choice questions as well as alternative item types (AITs). AITs include but are not limited to the following:
- Multiple correct—allows examinees to select multiple answers
- Point and click—requires examinees to click on part of a graphic to answer
- Drag and drop—requires examinees to click on and drag items to match, sort, rank, or label
- Fill in the blank—provides a space for examinees to enter a response to the question
AITs are incorporated into the practice exams for CBT exams. You can also review the general format of AITs in the Pearson VUE computer-based testing demo.
Printed practice exams may be returned to NCEES in unused condition within 30 days of the date you receive them. Please explain the reason for the return. Shipping charges will not be reimbursed. If you received an incorrect or damaged item, NCEES will refund the full price or send you a replacement for the item.