In 2009, NCEES introduced the Engineering Award to recognize college engineering programs for engaging their students in collaborative projects with licensed professional engineers. Read about past projects for ideas on integrating professional practice and education in a variety of engineering disciplines:
- 2013 $25,000 grand prize winner, Design, Funding, and Construction of the August Pine Ridge School/Hurricane Shelter in Belize (PDF), an Engineers Without Borders project involving civil engineering students from Cleveland State University
- 2013 $7,500 winner, Paper Pulp Sludge Characteristics and Applications (PDF), involving environmental engineering students from Northern Arizona University
- 2013 $7,500 winner, Multidisciplinary Design of a Sustainable, Environmentally Friendly House (PDF), involving civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering students from the University of Texas at El Paso
- 2012 $7,500 winner, Maji for Masaera: Rehabilitation of a Man-Made Irrigation Canal (PDF), involving civil and mechanical engineering students from Valparaiso University
- 2011 $7,500 winner, Structural Design of Dam Sluice Gate Walkway Slabs: Retrofit and Replacement Options (PDF), involving civil engineering students from Seattle University
- 2010 $7,500 winner,Engineering Haptic Virtual Manipulatives to Enhance K–12 Math and Science Education (PDF), involving electrical engineering students from Clemson University
Want more inspiration? Browse through the projects of the past award winners.