Skip to main content

Multistate and international practice

Because licensure is regulated at the state level, a professional engineer or surveyor must be licensed separately in every state in which he or she practices.

To learn about the licensure requirements in a particular state, contact the appropriate state licensing board.

NCEES Records

NCEES offers a popular service that assists licensees who need to practice in multiple states or territories. Learn more about NCEES Records.

International practice

NCEES also provides a service that assists licensed engineers seeking recognition to practice in foreign countries. Learn more about the NCEES International Registry of Professional Engineers (IRPC).