The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (“NCEES” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who use NCEES products and services.
This policy covers ncees.org and all other NCEES-affiliated sites that link to this policy.
Information we collect
We collect and use your personally identifiable information (PII) to facilitate the licensure process with our member boards, which are the engineering and surveying licensing boards in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
On our website, you may have the opportunity to register for an online account to access exam-related materials and information, register for and schedule an exam, and/or complete information required for an NCEES Record, Credentials Evaluation, or continuing professional competency (CPC) tracking. Many of these activities and services require you to provide personal information such as education, work experience, employers, supervisors, and work performance. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as name, postal address, telephone numbers, email address, date of birth, and country of citizenship.
Technical information gathered automatically
While browsing our website or accessing any of our products and services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs, may be used to count users who have visited those pages, to count users who have opened an email, and to compile other related website statistics. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation, information about the devices you use to access NCEES websites, products, and services (such as the IP address, browser type, operating system, and type of device); dates, times, and duration of use (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and information on actions taken (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
Our sites may also contain links whose related cookies may collect data and track your movement and behavior on other sites. We are not responsible for these links, as they are not controlled by NCEES.
Use of information
NCEES collects and uses personal information to enable us to provide reliable and convenient delivery of products and services and to improve our products and services. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide us, including any personal information, to
- Present our website and improve its content;
- Administer our relationship with you, our business, and third-party providers (e.g., to process payments, ship products, and schedule exam appointments);
- Provide you with information, products, and services that you request from us;
- Set up and administer your account; provide training, education, information about professional licensing and regulation and laws and related requirements, test preparation assistance, licensing application assistance, professional record maintenance, and communication with licensing regulators and agencies; and fulfill and enforce our agreement with you;
- Administer your account and provide technical and customer support to verify your identity and maintain your sign-in as you use our website;
- Personalize your experience with our services;
- Communicate with you about our products and services;
- Analyze trends and statistics, protect the security of our sites, and evaluate our products and services;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
NCEES may use the personal information we collect to provide requested information and materials or to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in every commercial email we send.
Commonly used web browsers will allow you to block, disable, or delete cookies from your computer. Review your browser’s privacy and security features to learn more about these user options. Please note that without cookies you will not be able to take full advantage of all NCEES products and services.
Disclosure of information
NCEES may disclose aggregated and statistical data without restriction when publishing reports about NCEES products and services.
We may disclose personal information collected about you to
- Share with third parties that we use to support our operations and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- Comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
NCEES uses reasonable precautions to protect your personal information. Safeguards are in place to protect the integrity, security, and privacy of personal information collected through our sites. However, it is important to note that electronic transmission via the internet is not 100 percent secure. Also, access to personally identifiable information is restricted to those who need the information to perform a specific job related to the licensure process.
Accessing and changing your information
You have the right to access your personal information and correct or delete anything that is incorrect by logging in to your online account or by contacting NCEES Client Services through one of the methods listed here.
California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at
280 Seneca Creek Road
Seneca, SC 29678
Children under the age of 13
NCEES does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13.
NCEES is based in the state of South Carolina in the United States. Our sites are controlled, operated, and administered entirely within the United States. Any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By visiting and using our website and services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in the United States, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.