The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing professional licensure for engineers and surveyors.
NCEES develops, administers, and scores the examinations used for engineering and surveying licensure in the United States. It also facilitates professional mobility and promotes uniformity of the U.S. licensure processes through services for its member licensing boards and licensees. These services include the following:
- Engineering exams
- Surveying exams
- Exam prep materials
- Records program
- Credentials evaluations
- CPC tracking and more
NCEES meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
The Council’s members are the engineering and surveying licensure boards from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. These boards are divided into four geographic zones: Central, Northeast, Southern, Western.
This section contains member, enforcement, and volunteer resources. If you have been provided login credentials, then you may access these resources.
The NCEES Bylaws outlines the structure of the organization. NCEES operates under the supervision of a board of directors elected by the Council’s member licensing boards. The board of directors operates under the provisions of the Council’s Bylaws. Members of the 2015–16 board of directors are as follows:
- President: Daniel Turner, Ph.D., P.E., P.L.S. (Alabama)
- President-Elect: Patrick Tami, P.L.S. (California)
- Immediate Past President: Michael Conzett, P.E. (Nebraska)
- Treasurer: Gary Thompson, P.L.S. (North Carolina)
- Central Zone Vice President: Maurice Bowersox, P.E. (Kansas)
- Northeast Zone Vice President: Roy Shrewsbury, P.S. (West Virginia)
- Southern Zone Vice President: Theresa Hodge, P.E. (South Carolina)
- Western Zone Vice President: Brian Hanson, P.E. (Alaska)
Learn more about NCEES governance, exams, and educational outreach at the NCEES YouTube channel.