CPC Tracking FAQs
- What is CPC Tracking?
CPC Tracking allows you to conveniently track and report your CPC requirements through your MyNCEES account.
- Are there any fees associated with using CPC Tracking?
No. CPC Tracking is a free service provided by NCEEES.
- Who can use the CPC Tracking Service?
Any engineer or surveyor with a MyNCEES account can use the CPC Tracking Service.
- How does CPC Tracking work?
CPC Tracking provides a side-by-side comparison of a state’s requirements and your completed CPC courses.
- How do I setup CPC Tracking?
- Why do some state licensing boards allow me to select a tracking method?
Some state boards allow you to track your CPC requirement using their state requirement or the NCEES Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Standard. CPC tracking can be simplified by using the NCEES CPC Standard when available.
- What is the NCEES Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) Standard?
The NCEES CPC Standard requires licensees to acquire 15 PDHs in each calendar year, of which at least one must be earned in an area that focuses on professional engineering or surveying ethics or improving a licensee’s methods of business practice or operations.
- How do I determine a state’s renewal period?
Renewal periods are determined by each state licensing board. Questions related to your renewal period should be directed to the appropriate state board.
- How and when do I enter CPC course information?
Each time you complete a CPC course
- Enter the course information and corresponding professional development hours (PDH)
- Upload supporting documentation
- What types of supporting documentation should I upload?
All uploaded documents will become a part of the course and will be transmitted to a state licensing board. Upload only the documentation necessary to provide proof of completing the course. Avoid uploading large files unless required by the state licensing board.
Examples of supporting documentation include
- Transcript, certificate, or other proof of completion
- Proof of attendance
- Course syllabus
- Copy of course information as printed in a conference program or brochure
- Proof of teaching or instructing
- How do I track my progress?
Select a state and renewal period to view a side-by-side comparison of its requirements and your completed CPC requirements.
- Can I transmit my CPC to a state licensing board?
Yes. You can electronically transmit your information and documentation to a state licensing board for renewal purposes.