Military Accommodations

If you or your spouse currently serves as an active-duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces:

Examinees should request military accommodations only if they need an overseas location. Please note that Pearson VUE test centers for approved overseas examinees are very limited.

Requesting Alternate Exam Location

When registering, select the state where you are applying for licensure and complete your registration as if you were sitting for the exam in that state. During registration, answer yes when asked if you need reasonable accommodations. After you have registered, you will receive an email with a link to the accommodations section of your account, where you can provide information about where you would like to sit for the exam and upload a copy of your orders.


Generally, once your orders and preferred site request have been received, it takes about 5 business days to complete processing. After your request has been considered, NCEES will notify you of any alternate military testing granted. Communications from NCEES about your request are through email only, so please check your messages often in case more details are needed from you.


While there is no stated deadline, examinees will not be authorized to schedule an appointment for testing until this process has been completed.

You must request reasonable accommodations each time you take an exam, even if you have been granted military accommodations for a past exam.

Applicants are encouraged to register for the exams as early as possible.

If you have questions, please email [email protected].