Areas of collaboration
One goal of the NCEES Engineering Education Award is to encourage partnerships between the engineering profession and education. There are many ways for students and professionals to collaborate in a variety of engineering disciplines.
Possible areas for collaboration include:
- Professional engineers mentoring students on a design project
- Students participating in activities of an engineering firm
- Students, professional engineers, and faculty collaborating on a project with other engineering disciplines or other professions
- Students and professional engineers collaborating on a community service project
- Professional engineers working with faculty on the design and/or delivery of academic courses or seminars
Need some inspiration? Read about past projects for ideas on integrating professional practice and education.