Frequently asked questions
- Who can compete for the NCEES Engineering Education Award?
Engineering programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (EAC/ABET) are eligible. The award is open to programs from all engineering disciplines.
- Does the project have to be part of a class that offers academic credit?
No. The project may or may not be part of a class for academic credit.
- Why can't the participants be identified in the project description, abstract, or display board?
The award jury conducts a blind judging of the entries, which means that they do not know the names of the universities or the professional firms that are participating. So that the jury won’t know who the participants are, NCEES requires that only the entry form have identifying information (not the project description, abstract, or display board). Read more about making entries anonymous.
- May a department enter more than one project?
Yes. Multiple project submissions from one department or school are accepted, but only one submission for each project is permitted.
- May a student be involved in more than one project?
Yes. Only one entry per project is allowed, but a student can be involved in more than one project.
- What is the format for electronic submissions of an entry form, an abstract, and a project description?
The completed entry form must be submitted as a PDF. The abstract (maximum one page) must be submitted as a PDF. The project description (maximum seven pages) must be submitted as a PDF.
- What is the format for electronic submission of a display board?
The display board must be in a jpg, tif, eps file (minimum 300 dpi) or a PDF file (high-quality print) and designed to print 30″ X 30″.