The Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam tests for a minimum level of competency in a particular engineering discipline. It is designed for engineers who have gained a minimum of four years’ post-college work experience in their chosen engineering discipline.
For exam-specific information, select your engineering discipline.
- Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Control Systems
- Electrical and Computer New!
- Environmental New!
- Fire Protection New!
- Industrial and Systems
- Metallurgical and Materials
- Mining and Mineral Processing
- Naval Architecture and Marine
- Structural New!
- NCEES seeks chemical engineers’ professional expertise and advice
NCEES is currently seeking licensed chemical engineers to participate in a professional activities and knowledge study, or PAKS, for the ...
- Update on October 2017 exam results
All results from the October 2017 pencil-and-paper engineering exams have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. PE exams were ...