- Describe the program type (e.g., certification, 2-year, 4-year) and provide the name of the program (e.g., Surveying…, Geomatics…) What surveying courses are offered/required in the program?
- What is unique about the program compared to other surveying programs?
- What are the qualifications of the instructors? How many are full-time? Adjunct?
- Is the program accredited? If so, by what commission or association?
- What surveying tools, equipment, and technologies are used to teach students?
- How does the program remain current with surveying technology?
- What is the primary learning objective for the program?
- What are the student outcomes, and how are they assessed? Are surveying internships incorporated into your program?
- Are students engaged in assignments or projects that involve real-world application?
- Are instructors and/or students involved in research and development activities? Provide brief examples.
- Are students active in surveying clubs and professional associations? What activities do they do?
- Have students participated in any surveying competitions within the last two academic years?
- Are students engaged in community service projects? If so, briefly describe them, differentiating non-technical humanitarian projects from those that are tied to the curriculum or that required the use of surveying skills
Outreach / recruitment
- How, and from where, does the program recruit students?
- What are the enrollment numbers for the program for the past 3 years?
- Are external licensed surveyors involved in the program? If so, how?
- Does the program seek assistance or support from external associations, societies, or firms?
- What efforts have been made to grow the program? What efforts are planned for the future?
- Does your program have marketing materials for outreach/recruitment purposes? If so, please include with the submittal.
- How is professional licensure promoted to students?
- Are students encouraged or required to take the FS exam before graduation? What support is given to them?
- How many and what percentage of students take and pass the FS exam before graduation?
- How do you track if students attain licensure post-graduation? Provide data if available.
Summary / benefits / merits / (essay)
- Why should the program receive this award?
- How would this award, if received, benefit the program?
- How will this award, if received, advance professional licensure for surveyors and promote the surveying profession?